COVID-19 Safety & Procedures
The world is grappling with an issue of enormous scale and human impact, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak of Coronavirus (Covid19)
At Marcia Hyland Dance and Arts Center, we believe it is our role and responsibility during this time to prioritize two things: the health and well-being of our customers and coworkers while supporting health officials and government leaders as they work to contain the virus. We will continue to make decisions with vigilance and courage informed by the latest science- based information and guided by our missions and values.
I wanted to personally reach out to you and provide an update on the actions that Marcia Hyland is taking to help prevent the spread of the virus and support the health and well-being of our customers, employees, and our communities.
Marcia Hyland would also like to thank you for being loyal customers. We are privileged to serve you and look forward to seeing you soon.
COVID-19 POLICY AND PROCEDURE
Marcia Hyland will begin taking all employees temperatures when they report to work and upon departure at the end of the day to ensure the safety of everyone during the Covid 19 pandemic.
Marcia Hyland Dance and Arts Center (MH) policy on taking employee and student temperatures will go as follows:
- Marcia Hyland has designated a member of management to take temperatures when employees, students, and parents enter the dance studio.
- Any person with a measured temperature of 100.4 degrees or above will be asked to return home and/or seek medical care.
- Anyone with a high temperature will not be allowed to return to work or class until they are fever-free for at least three days.
Daily monitoring of this policy will be performed by management.
A checklist recording each employee’s temperature will be logged and maintained daily by management.
All employees and students are told NOT to attend the studio if they are not feeling well, and are to follow the above recommendations.
Cleaning policy for Marcia Hyland Dance Center
- Wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water, then use disinfectant.
- Cleaning and disinfection will be conducted hourly and based on level of use.
- High touch surfaces include:
- Counter, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, phones, keyboard, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc. will be wiped down hourly with an approved EPA- registered disinfectant.
- Soft surfaces
- For soft surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes
- Cleaning of the surface using soap and water or with cleaners appropriate for use on these surfaces.
- Disinfection with an EPA-registered disinfectant that meets EPA’s criteria for use against COVID-19.
- Vacuum as usual.
- For electronics, such as stereos, touch screens, keyboards, and remote controls.
- Cleaning and disinfecting hourly.
- Alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol.
- Dry surface thoroughly.